Monday, October 6, 2008

My Expectations and feelings

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."
Charles R. Swindoll quotes (American Writer and Clergyman, b.1934)

I read this quote today and realized this is something I struggle with everyday, I also realized just what this quote says, the only thing we can do in our lives is change our attitude about life, to make a better life for yourself. After reading this quote I know what I should do when I start feeling like things will never work out, or when I'm feeling like I'm stuck in a hole. I should just remind myself to change my attitude about those situations and hopefully things will get better.

"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing."

I'm not sure who wrote this, but this quote made perfect sense to me. I'm not a big risk taker at all, but I am learning how big of a risk love is. It's a risk that you put your whole heart into, and you can only hope that this risk you took turns out to be everything you hoped it would be.

Here is another quote that is as true as it sounds....

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love."
Neil Gaiman quotes (English born American Novelist, Journalist, Screenwriter, Children's author and Comics writer of American Gods, amongst many others, b.1960)

As horrible as this poem sounds, its so true. These are the things you are scared of when you take a risk on loving someone. I don't hate love at all, but I do hate feeling like exactly what this poem says, at the same time though I am glad I took the risk, because I made some really wonderful memories, and those are the memories that make it worth it.


People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.
Helen Keller US blind & deaf educator (1880 - 1968)

This quote I really can not explain except for it reminds me of one person, and if that person reads it they will know what it means.

0 comments: